Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sugar Skull Pillow





Now begins the Halloween Spooktacular Crafts! I'll be offering a tutorial a week during the month of October to get you feeling like a Halloweenie!

Start your Halloween decorating off right with this fun sugar skull pillow. I used pillows that have been laying around my house forever, and upcycled fabric from the costume shop I work at for the skulls. This project is great, because if you want to change the pillow out and put the skull on a different item it is pretty easy to switch.


Matierals:

Thick fabric for the skull

Paper to make skull pattern

Fabric paint

(we are using a method like the embroidery hoop art, check out that tutorial for more details)

Fabric markers - I used Marvy Graffiti markers, non toxic and made in Japan

Embroidery floss

Embroidery needle

Scissors

Let me know if you make this item on the Break + Remake Facebook group. If you liked this video please share with your friends. Do you have an upcycled or recycled craft idea you want me to try? Let me know in the comments, or on the Break + Remake Facebook page.

Use what's around!

No comments :

Post a Comment