Sunday, April 3, 2016

Upcycled Dog Toy


*With a little help from Jenelle Montilone and her book The Upcycled T-shirt.




Ok cute overload. Stewie, my furry nephew, is my cohost for this episode. We take a look at Jenelle Montilone's book The Upcycled T-shirt. Jenelle does a great job on exploring multiple projects using t-shirts. Which are readily available everywhere and make a source of upcycling fodder. For more projects focused on sustainability and to sign up for her newsletter go here!

Materials:
One cute dog
Old t-shirt or other raggedy clothes
Fabric cutting tools- I used a rollie-cutter and scissors
Cutting mat - for the rollie-cutter
Clear grid ruler
The book: The Upcycled T-shirt

I used my old pajama pants that had holes. In fact when I held them up I could see perfectly through them. Whoops. Jenelle's book and a viewer request had me making a fun toy for Stewie. He's a total show dog, he was so mellow during the shoot and played to the camera. Such a sweet boy.

And for those of you who know about Zelda, my cat, don't worry I'll make her the cat toy from The Upcycled T-shirt. She's just not as cooperative and would never hold still for the camera like Stewie.


Do you have any sustinable or eco-crafts you want me to try? Let me know in the Break + Remake Facebook group or on Break + Remake's IG. In fact, head over to IG right now (if you are reading this between Sunday April 3rd and Monday April 11th of 2016).

Music composed for Break + Remake by Janet Overfield

No comments :

Post a Comment